With the world moving at a swift pace, video games have become a preferred way of spending leisure for the current generation. A hobby is an activity that you enjoy doing in your leisure time. However, most people do not consider gaming as an enjoyable hobby. Indeed, this should not be the case. At the same time, they are not wrong to condemn gaming as a productive hobby because the number of youngsters addicted to gaming is not negligible at all. And the number is increasing at an alarming rate.
What Is Videogame Addiction?
Gaming disorder, in simpler terms, videogame addiction, is nothing but the obsession towards internet gaming that leads an individual to problematic behavior in various spheres of life. The disease can be diagnosed when the player is oblivious of his regular life activity or is ready to compromise on rationality to be in a continuous practice of videogame. The World Health Organization recognized this disorder to take a rapid grasp over the world. There are a few symptoms that may define whether you have become a victim of the same.
What Says You Are Addicted To Videogames?
Have you got a feeling that you are also getting addicted to videogames? Before concluding, you must know the symptoms that can confirm your doubts.
- You will feel agitated when you do not have the scope to play.
- You will keep on recapitulating the previous gaming activity continuously in your mind. Not only that, you will figure out your next move whenever you are not engaged in gaming.
- You will have a consciousness that the amount of time you are investing behind the videogame is going beyond the limit. And that is why you will lie about it to your family and friends.
- You will become unsocial. Avoiding interaction with people to play games will become a normal tendency.
- You will undergo immense stress after a gaming session. But surprisingly, you won’t feel the same when you are into the game.
- Migraine or eye-problems will be your regular companions.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome or frozen shoulder will be prevalent and frequent.
Longterm Effects You Suffer From If Addicted To Videogames
The symptoms discussed above do mostly have short term effects. However, if dug in deeper, you will see how these things can lead to some more significant consequences. For example, you will see that gamers often lose connections with family and friends. And this very isolation pushes them to severe depression. Not only that, as video gaming is sedentary, it makes your physique inactive and prone to different diseases.
Moreover, once you are addicted to video gaming, it can hamper your education and career to a great extent because most of these games are quite time-consuming. And you will not even be able to count on your time.
However, do you want to stop yourself right now before you get the label “addicted” to videogames? First, you have to master the art of control on your desires. Whenever you feel the urge to play games, divert your mind to some other productive hobby. You may talk to your friends or go out. Try to convince yourself to sit with a book and concentrate. Don’t forget self-counseling results in miracles at times!