Online Games News: DotA Version 7.21 is Here!
DoTA is without a doubt one of the best online games ever created. They have just released an update. You have to know about this.
On January 29, Valve released a new update for DotA 2. Update 7.21 is an important patch update because of the introduction of the new Ranked Season. If you haven’t been playing DotA for a while or you’re one of those geniuses who does not follow important patch notes, Ranked seasons change yearly in order to give those who didn’t have a very good season for their ranked matches for the current season may have a chance to improve for the next season. This also means that your current ranking will be erased; everyone will be back to the lowest MMR rank and it’ll be up to you and your skills in DotA to get back to your rankings or even improve!
New Gameplay Updates
Aside from the new Ranked Season, the new patch also offer some game-changing alterations with the game mechanics of one of best online games in the world. The general changes within the game are as follows:
- Melee creeps average gold bounty reduced by 3
- Range creeps upgrade cycle gold bounty increased from +3 to +6
- Replaced the primary jungles’ ancient camps with big camps
- Heroes no longer gain 25% more benefit from their primary attributes (affects attributes from both items and the hero)
- All heroes’ primary attribute growth values increased by 15%
- Health per strength increased from 18 to 20
- XP required to reach level 7->12 changed from 640/660/680/800/820/840 to 720/750/780/810/840/870 (the difference is +80/90/100/10/20/30 XP)
- Melee heroes now have +5 movement speed: Naga Siren, Underlord, Monkey King, Nyx Assassin, Bloodseeker, Riki
- Following melee heroes now have +10 movement speed: Alchemist, Dragon Knight, Meepo
- The following melee heroes now have +15 movement speed: Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Lycan, Sven, Ursa, Wraith King
- Ranged heroes with 295 movement speed and above now have 5 less movement speed
- 2nd Tier tower armor increased from 14 to 15
- 3rd Tier tower armor increased from 14 to 16
- Melee Barracks armor increased from 13 to 15
- Tower Protection armor bonus for Tier 2/3/4 increased from 3 to 4The
We Need To Make Adjustments To Our Playstyle
Let’s take a look at the changes with the creeps. For those who are new with DotA 2, creeps are your “soldiers” within the game. These creeps are very important for both you, your teammates and your opponents since the creeps are where you’ll be getting your gold. This is also the case for other online games. With the gold bounty for regular melee creeps decreased and the upgraded range creeps’ gold bounty increased, it’ll now be a race for which of you and your opponent is better at last-hitting and denying the range creep. Last hitting is a vital skill when playing online games like DotA.
Remember that the player who gets to last hit the range creep gets the better gold bounty and experience. Denying your opponent is also as important as last-hitting because denying the range creep prevents your opponent from getting the increased gold bounty.
We Need To Start Making Some Adjustments To Our Playstyle
Another important update to look at is the experience required in order for your character to reach Level 7. Everyone who plays online games like DotA knows that once you hit level 6, it can be a game-changing factor. Getting your ultimate skill earlier than your opponents allow you to solo kill weaker opponents and you can start farming the jungle camps on your own now. With an increased experience needed for level 7, this balances the game as it allows your opponent time to farm faster in order to catch up. As for you, if you’ve had a bad start, you can take advantage of this new update in order to catch up as well.
Finally, the added movement speed for the heroes listed above in DotA 2 will balance out the meta even further as these heroes haven’t been used since the last International tournament. This should give fans of such heroes more survivability and killing advantage when used properly.
Watch out for Part 2 for the continuation of online games update and basic guide for the new DotA 2 patch.